This is a one to one, tailor made service to get ex-offenders, and people on the edge of offending into employment.
We know that common barriers include accommodation, finance benefit and debt, health, mental health, substance misuse, disclosure advice transport and life skills, so our Mentors will help you to access services and get the support you need.
You will look at employment goals, training needs and access to higher education. Each client we work with are at different stages in their life and has different needs, so we tailor our support to make sure we provide the best service we can to each individual.
Things we can offer you:
- One to one support from your mentor
- Functional skills training
- Academic qualifications, including Maths and English at equivalent to GCSE grade C
- Industry recognised qualifications in subjects such as Health and Safety, Food Safety, Safeguarding and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) as well as job specific training such as CSCS (Construction Skills Certificate Scheme)
- CV writing and interview skills
- Help with funding for interview clothes, childcare and travel
- Work experience, including eight week placements in retail, customer service, gardening, trades, health or social care
For more information get in touch with a member of our team.