Tenancy Support Officer
Here at Ongo, we believe everyone has the potential to be great. It’s what drives us to come to work and do our jobs every day.
Most people know us as a landlord providing homes to 10,000 people and their families. But homes aren’t our business, people are.
We now wish to appoint a Support Officer with a starting salary of £21,382. This is a full time, permanent role.
The aim of this post is to support tenants to live independently and maintain their tenancies by:
- Providing housing related support from the start of their tenancy to those tenants who have been identified as needing support to enable them to maintain their tenancy with us.
- Working with other agencies to formulate multi-agency support agreements and liaise with external organisations to ensure that support is provided effectively.
- Complete a support plan and risk assessment.
- Offering advice and support to tenants on tenancy issues including universal credit, other benefits/grants, accommodation options and lifestyle skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people in a positive way to deliver tenancy support and advice.
- An understanding and working knowledge of housing and benefits legislation, Universal Credit and applying for grants.
- Excellent communication skills (particularly oral, but also written)
- The ability to empathise and communicate with vulnerable people to deliver positive outcomes.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and act as an advocate with a wide range of people in a wide range of situations
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines both as part of a team and working alone.
- Ability to transport around the geographical areas that Ongo operates in
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Closing date for applications – Wednesday 28th August 2019
Interview Date - 4th September 2019