Sparc Enterprise Manager
Ongo Communities is seeking to recruit a commercially minded and community focused development manager to deliver an inspirational project, which is funded through Community Local Led Development (CLLD) funding from the European Social Fund (ESIF) as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Fund Programme.
There are limited opportunities for people from the Westcliff area of Scunthorpe who, although often entrepreneurial, have issues including health, offending history and lack of skills and knowledge that prevent them from being able to either find employment or set up their own business. This exciting role offers the opportunity to lead and develop the Sparc Enterprise project to support people from the Westcliff Estate, and take up the challenge to create a new business in the Arc to ensure its long term sustainability.
The post of Enterprise Manager has two distinct aims:
- To be responsible for setting up and delivering a three year funded project in the Arc that will engage with, inspire and support potential local entrepreneurs, offer business support including working with partners to develop 9 micro enterprises over three years. The facilities in the Arc, which is a prime location in the heart of the area, will be made available for business support, access to equipment and potentially as start up space.
- In the longer term the manager will use their creative and inventive skills and experience to lead on the research and development of a business plan to set up a social enterprise in the enterprise zone in the Arc. This community business, which is yet to be defined, will provide employment opportunities for local people who are disadvantaged including those with learning disabilities and support future sustainability of the Arc.
We are looking for a dynamic person who has:
- Proven experience in business start ups with a “can do” attitude to source, provide training and support people to achieve their ambitions to set up their own micro enterprises
- Creative and entrepreneurial skills and experience to lead on the research and development of a business plan to set up a social enterprise
- Passion and determination, along with the ability to develop working relationships with internal teams and partner organisations, including business advisors and loans providers
- Self motivation; a self-starter, with strong customer service and sales ability, along with administrative, organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of working with and supporting people who may have low self esteem and low level skills
- Salary £30,000, fixed term to March 2022, with the potential to extend.
The closing date for applications is 22nd April 2019
Opportunity to visit the Arc on Friday 26th April
Interviews will be held on 2nd May 2019