Benefit and Debt Advice Coach
Here at Ongo, we believe everyone has the potential to be great. It’s what drives us to come to work and do our jobs every day.
Most people know us as a landlord providing homes to 10,000 people and their families. But homes aren’t our business, people are.
We wish to appoint a Benefit and Debt Advice Coach (on a scale 6 £21,382, rising to £24,170 after 6 months successful completion of the probationary period). This is a full time post but a job share opportunity will be considered. This funding is for two years only.
The aim of this post is to support tenants to live independently and maintain their tenancies by:
- Delivering a welfare benefits and debt information and advice service to customers of Ongo Homes.
- Improving the financial capability of our customers and maximise their income to help create sustainable tenancies.
- Supporting ‘Rent First’ strategy by communicating to tenants the importance of prioritising rent payments, to facilitate a higher level of rent collection and improve service delivery.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience of delivering welfare benefits and debt advice.
- Knowledge and awareness of the issues and factors faced by members of the community in particular those facing financial difficulties.
- Excellent communication skills (particularly oral, but also written)
- The ability to empathise and communicate with people to deliver positive outcomes.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines both as part of a team and working alone.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- The ability to develop and utilise effective ICT systems relevant to Social Housing including the use of social media and encouraging tenants to use the My Home app
- Must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Closing date for applications – Friday 28th February 2020
Interviews – Friday 6th March 2020