Transfers and mutual exchange
Unfortunately we've made the tough decision to suspend the processing of current mutual exchange applications, and the acceptance of new ones.
We're sorry to the people this will directly impact. Please be assured that as soon as we can resume this service, we will.
Thank you for your understanding.
We appreciate that sometimes circumstances can change and you may want to move to a home which meets your change in needs. If you do need to move we will help you as much as we can. Here's some important things you need to know before you apply.
- If you are in priority band four, you will not normally be offered a home until you have held your current tenancy with us for at least two years
- Your current rent account must be clear and should have been for at least 12 months
- You'll need to have no other housing related debt, e.g recharges
- There needs to have been no tenancy breaches in the last 12 months
- You'll also need to complete a pre-leaving inspection
Do you already have a home that you rent from us or another housing association but would like to move? Are you no longer on a starter tenancy? If so you might be able to arrange a (mutual) exchange with another tenant who's also looking for a different home.
We currently recommend a service called Homeswapper, which is a national website, that matches your needs with others to make sure it's the perfect exchange.
There are certain conditions that you need to meet to be able to use this service:
- You must be an assured tenant
- You must complete a pre-leaving inspection
- You must have a clear rent account
- You must have no tenancy breaches
- The property must be the right size and needs for your household
The best thing to do is to sign up and we will then let you know if you can take part. You can also check out the Homeswapper website for more details which explains helpful tips for the whole process.