Important info regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Last updated: 1 June
The health and safety of our staff, tenants and members of our communities is our priority throughout this difficult time, and we are closely following advice from the government around the ways we can continue to offer services to you.
This means for the time being, putting these additional measures in place. We know this is going to be a challenging time for us all, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Below is all of our latest information and guidance, but if there’s a particular topic you’re interested in, scroll to the bottom and click on a heading. We also have a Coronavirus (Covid-19) FAQs page, to take a look click here.
The government has released some guidance for landlords, local authorities and tenants. To take a look at this, click here.
We have made changes to our building openings, please take a look at them here:
- Ongo House (HQ), Church Square, Scunthorpe -We have made the decision to close our headquarters to the public for the foreseeable future. We are open only for essential receipt of deliveries and post. Please use the MyHome app, online services or call us.
- Employment Support/Recruitment, Cole Street, Scunthorpe -This building is closed to the public for the foreseeable future, following government advice. Appointments will be carried out where possible over the phone. If you have any concerns please get in touch with us.
- Concierge, Market Hill, Scunthorpe -We have made the decision to close this to customers. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- The Viking Centre, Fairfield Road, Barton -This building will be closed temporarily, and all activities have been cancelled, following government advice. We will be closely monitoring this, and as soon as we can open again we will do.
- The Arc and Post Office, Litchfield Avenue, Scunthorpe -The Arcafe is closed and all activities have been cancelled. The Post Office will remain open on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and Fridays between 9am-3pm, but we are putting measures in to ensure we follow social distancing guidelines.
- Ashbridge Roofing/Hales&Coultas, Northampton Road, Scunthorpe -We are operating as usual and following government guidance.
Following the advice from the government we have taken the decision to only carry out essential repairs. If you have a repair but it is not essential, to protect your health, please do not call to book this in at the moment. We will communicate with you as soon as we are able to safely carry out non-essential repairs again and we'll share all updates on this page of our website so please keep checking back.
We will also take into account if anyone is in an isolation period and when it ends when booking repairs. Here is a list of the repairs we are categorising as essential:
- No Heat or Hot water
- Uncontrollable leak to inside of property with potential to cause damage to the property
- Blocked toilet (where no other toilet in the property)
- Instances where the problem affects the security or safety of your home, such has faulty door locks meaning the you can’t secure it – doors or windows
- Broken glass
If the repair that you’re hoping to book doesn’t fall into one of the above, we would ask that you don’t get in touch with us to book it in at the moment. We will be updating you again as soon as we are able to start doing non-essential repairs.
If you have a repair booked but we’re no longer able to come and carry out, we will be in touch with you directly about this.
We will be stopping our grounds maintenance work for the foreseeable future at our retirement living schemes, to protect the health of our residents living there and our staff.
Lounges and communal areas
(Lesley Pearson Room - Crosby House and The Hub - Queensway House) will now be closed following the recent advice from the government. We will be sharing this information with our tenants living in these areas.
Face to face appointments
Where possible, we will be carrying out appointments over the phone and keeping face to face appointments to a minimum for the foreseeable future.
If you do have an urgent face to face appointment with any of our staff, we would ask that you follow the government advice around social distancing when interacting with them.
Ahead of every face to face appointment or repair, our staff will be calling you to make sure you’re not showing any Coronavirus symptoms. If you are, you will be asked to rearrange your appointment at the end of your self-isolation period. For the latest updates and to read more, please visit the government website.
We are still fully available via our My Home app, through social media and you can contact us in all the usual ways online and over the phone.
Information on anti-social behaviour
Ongo remains committed to making sure that everyone feels safe and secure in their homes and are able to enjoy living in it without experiencing the anti-social behaviour of others. During this current period the restrictions on outdoor activities and gatherings will bring new challenges for communities and cause some frustrations, with people forced to remain at home for extended periods of time. This could mean:
- An increase in noise nuisance, in particular, more children and young people at home could contribute to perceived anti-social behaviour and we ask for your patience at this time before contacting us regarding ASB and noise nuisance.
- Households may not be keeping to the ‘stay at home’ policy set by the Government and if you are concerned and want to report anything which is outside the Government rules then please report it to Humberside Police, Nottinghamshire Police, Lincolnshire Police or South Yorkshire Police.
- Is the stress of the current situation maybe making you a little less tolerant than usual?
- Do you feel able to speak to your neighbours regarding your concerns, whilst following social distancing guidelines?
Please consider if the behaviour is intended to be anti-social and is it really causing, or likely to cause you or your family significant harm then please contact us and we will seek to assist you wherever possible.
We are adapting our services when tackling ASB and are now focusing on telephone or email contact with our customers and although our investigations will be different, we are committed to doing the following:
- Working closely with other agencies
- Signposting customers to specialist support services
- Signposting perpetrators to support services
- Increase contact with vulnerable customers
- Encourage the use of technology to record ASB if it is safe to do so
- Issue verbal warnings over the telephone and written warnings via email or post
- Issue Notice Seeking Possession for breaches of tenancy
- Apply to the County Court for Injunctions in the most serious cases
If you have any worries or concerns, there are a number of ways you can get in touch with us. You can call us on 01724 279900 and our Customer Service team will be able to make sure you speak to the right person. You can also message us on Facebook, speak to us on live chat on the website or you can download our My Home app.
If you are concerned about a vulnerable adult or child in a household then please forward your concerns to Humberside Police (telephone 999 if you or another member of the public is at immediate risk) or the local Safeguarding Team:
- Protecting vulnerable people from abuse and maltreatment
- Preventing harm to vulnerable people’s health or development
- Taking action to enable all children, young people and adults to have the best outcomes.
Contact for the local Safeguarding Teams:
North Lincolnshire Council – Telephone number 01724 297000
Doncaster MBC – Telephone number 01302 736000
Lincolnshire County Council – Telephone number 01522 782155
Getting in touch
If you do need to get in touch with us, please consider using our online services and MyHome app. Thanks again for your understanding.
We would like to reinforce the urgency of government guidelines around social distancing in your everyday life, and also when our staff attend urgent face to face appointments and repairs.
Please check back here or follow us on social media for the latest updates.