Work kicks off on new Ongo HQ
Work has started on the brand new Ongo HQ.
Chief Executive Andy Orrey joined with bosses from local building firm Britcon, British Steel and North Lincolnshire Council to mark the official start of work.
The Ongo HQ is just a small part of a wider £60m plus regeneration of Scunthorpe town centre announced on Thursday 13 July.
The three-storey HQ will be on the corner of Church Square, Scunthorpe, and will provide a new, modern customer centre and office space for up to 250 employees
Andy Orrey, Chief Executive of Ongo, said: This is an exciting time as we see the regeneration of Scunthorpe town centre kick off with the new Ongo HQ.
“As a company we are committed to investing in our local communities and we are looking forward to having such a strong presence in the town centre.
“We hope that our confidence in choosing this location for our new HQ is only the start in seeing increased investment in Scunthorpe.”
As part of the regeneration, North Lincolnshire Council announced a raft of other projects, including:
- £5.7m Church Square House extension providing space for 600 workers and creating 45 construction jobs
- Around £15m for new University Centre
- £3.9m to provide up to 60 one to two bed homes on Lindum Street - private sector investment
- £14.7m new 200 unit facility for NHS employees. In addition, there will be five commercial units below
- £1m library refurbishment